Friday, December 27, 2013

"Day" Thoughts upon Awakening


Today is Friday wash day because yesterday's usual wash day daughter Elizabeth was still in town;  must confirm next date to read newspapers over the air (my regular every-other-Wednesday was Christmas Day, no broadcast).    Good to have set days for things.  What was Friday for in that song my dad sang?..."Friday Fish"..."Monday Hasenpfeffer," I think, "All the German mothers we wish the same to you"; Tuesday can't remember, I know Wednesday was "Zooop" (Soup), Thursday "Roast Beef," pretty sure;  doing week backwards each time brought me "Tuesday String Beans"; Saturday I think was "Payday"; Sunday of course "Church." 

       Good to have those set days, those things to anchor your week on, whether broadcast day or fish day...or wash day (even a day late)--better get up to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment