Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Does Trump Have his Wits about him--Oh, Maybe it's his Jester's.


       On the "Reliable Sources" program Sunday, March 24th, over CNN,  I heard the redoubtable journalist Carl Bernstein of Watergate coverage fame use some words that had my head snapping to attention.

       Bernstein  speaks with a good degree of objectivity when he comments on "the week in Trump news and coverage."  He's learned the hard way and earned the capacity to observe with fairly cool and detached eyes the behavior of wayward presidents.

       I've tested my memory and come up with close to the exact words Carl used, especially the three crucial ones that had my head snapping.  Bernstein said that when we're listening to President Trump talk, we have to decide "whether he's being sharp-witted, dim-witted, or half-witted."  He kept a pretty even tone while saying this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment