Wednesday, October 12, 2016

"Things Are in the Saddle and Ride Mankind"


       This statement by Emerson is my reaction to changing to the new 10 operating system on my iPhone.  I've skipped two systems so am even more inundated with new stuff.

       Do I really need to have bubbles around my text messages to others?  I can put my message in "invisible ink"--scrape the clouded screen, and there it is.  I can send voice instead of text message; ( David said, "It's almost like telephoning.")  I can send a hand written message.

       iPhone informed me yesterday I was "sharing locations" with my son, then later informed me I had discontinued it--I didn't know I'd done it, didn't know I'd stopped it, and didn't know what it was.

       Emerson was talking about machines in the 19th century.  Our "things" are digital, but they're in the "driver's seat."

      

No comments:

Post a Comment