Friday, June 26, 2015


       Three times accosted by women in the grocery store parking lot wheeling my grocery cart to the  car for transport home, twice today by two different women and once the other day.  Two wanted help for sad personal situations; the other hadn't "yet" asked for money before I turned her down before she asked.

       Whether they truly needed help or were simply panhandlers, I'm not sure.  Since two of the women (was one the same one as the other day?) offered to pay me back, just to give them my address, I suppose further effort to get more money from me was possible that way.  Two of the three offered to meet me for lunch or coffee--apart from payback, it sounded like--and one of them seemed to know I was married.  One of them I didn't answer; the other I said, "I can't do that."

       Was I manhandled, panhandled, womanhandled?  All three?  

No comments:

Post a Comment