Saturday, March 14, 2015

Just a Spoonful of Gall


       My phone company sent a letter: Thank you for changing your payment plan to online.  If you haven't made this change, call this number immediately, or your payment will be changed to online. 

       That's the substance and a fair share of the wording.

       I don't remember doing that, and I don't think I did.  I''m sure it's cheaper for them to have it online and probably cheaper and faster for me to do it that way.  But is this "force feeding" method--"Here, the spoon with the syrup is half way down your throat; if you don't want it, don't swallow RIGHT NOW!! or it's GOIN' DOWN."

       Is this nice?  Is it acceptable business practice?  Is it LEGAL to change your customer's method of payment without his or her requesting it?!    

No comments:

Post a Comment