Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Indelible World Wide Web


       I woke up yesterday shocked to realize how many signs of me and my use of language are on the planet...due mainly to the internet.

       Currently I am heard both live and recorded on radio and online reading newspapers for the blind; I can be read, heard, and seen since 2012 and from now to perpetuity in this blog; and there are audio recordings of me that were made 65 years ago that are accessible to anyone anywhere in the world...at this minute!

       Yes, I acted in radio dramas for kids while in college.  Someone retained those broadcast recordings, and they're now online.  You can hear me as "Whitney the Neighborly Whale" narrating my whale story back in 1950 by clicking here.

        Consider:  you yourself may be leaving indelible marks you're hardly aware of!

No comments:

Post a Comment