Saturday, February 8, 2014

"international artists"


       I recently saw mentioned a group of singers named

                    "international artists so-called."

I thought it was funny, a satirical jibe that hit a nerve for some performers (and maybe other artists).

       I've had the feeling from time to time that a performer was staking a claim that was fudging the truth.  Had a U.S. citizen stepped across the Canadian border one day and asked a couple strangers to appraise him as he sang a few notes, their approval and smiles sealing (for him) his "international reputation"?

       So it is a good joke to form a group that takes on the title officially (uncapitalized), thumbing its collective nose at pretension, in effect saying, "come listen to us for the music."

       I can't find the group online,  but if they ever appear near me, I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment