Friday, April 5, 2019

A.O.Sea?


        Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is one of the newly elected Members of the House in Congress and is having an impact with her probing questions in committee and her "Green New Deal" proposal.   She's even already known by her initials only, A.O.C., maybe partly because her full name has a lot of letters and syllables to cover. 

      A side-light moment on my car radio--I heard it dialing by, I think, a comedy oriented talk show--referred to her as "A. O. C. of Cortez," which I thought was a funny play on those initials:  the "Sea of Cortez."  But where is that again on the map??  Oh, just about directly south of me down Mexico way;  I'd actually slept in soft sand and collected sand dollars there; it's also called the Gulf of California.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment