Friday, September 19, 2014

Sometimes Mottoes Give us Guidance


       There is a neat bit of wisdom in my "Life's Little Instruction Calendar" today.  Only I wondered if younger folk might not be familiar with the reference made in it.

       Then I also came across a Fortune Cookie lurking on my dresser.  IT said:


                    We must always have old memories and young hopes.


That sounded neat to me too.

       So here's my "old memory" that informs today's "instruction":  When you used to have to cook oatmeal instead of just heating it up, you could ruin it if you made it the wrong way.

       And here's the "instruction":


                    Life is like cooking oatmeal.  If you don't keep stirring it, it                         gets lumpy.


I fully intend to retain my young hopes on this my wife's birthday and keep "stirring it up" for both of us.  






No comments:

Post a Comment