Monday, March 11, 2019

Is Time Circular, Linear, or Cubic?


     I have two black cube radio clocks; I got them cheap.  All the language on them explaining the many buttons and switches is imprinted into the plastic itself and therefore also in black.

     It's hard to read black on black, especially when it's on all 6 sides.  One of the cubes thankfully changed to DST by itself.  The other in another room didn't budge; the next morning inscrutable symbols and words occasionally came into view as I twisted my Rubik's Cube.  I manually entered correct time.

      Connie exclaimed, "What time is it!" today as her head swiveled between a third clock and this one.  The cube had finally caught up with the signal, thus making time wrong again in the other direction.  Another clumsy resetting with Rubik. 

     The two illegible clocks serve their master, reluctantly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment