Friday, February 15, 2019

Imagine it on the Lips, Minds, and Hearts of Those Affected


     The names of two California fires make me lift my head and grimace my brows every time I hear them; no matter what, I can't resist, when I read 'em or listen.  One is the "Camp" fire, it's a wildfire in California.  A campfire?   It's destroyed hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of miles of trees and  homes and people, and it's called a campfire.

     And the other one is "Holy Fire," the "Holy Fire"!  What?!  My eyebrows again.  I have to, when I read that.  It's horrendous.  California wildfires.   One of them is called the "Holy" fire?  These are unholy fires.  They destroy, taking, immolating human lives.

     I know they get their names from something identifying them near the place the fire was incited.

     But please, pause a second and listen . . . before you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment