Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"Yearny"


       Where are the song-writers of yesteryear?  

       Bud Green gave us the perfect word "yearny," to rhyme perfectly in all respects with the word, the song title, and the common theme for many of us of a "Sentimental Journey."

       With Thanksgiving and the religious holidays upon us, with people getting together thankfully, it's been too long since I've seen my family and friends still living in or returning to Minnesota, and that's how I'm feelin'---"yearny."

       The word is in none of the major dictionaries I use.  But it is in The Urban Dictionary and Wiktionary.  Anyone might have created the adjective out of the verb "yearn,"  but I'm nominating Bud Green in 1944 for maybe creating, at least helping circulate the word and bringing it into viability and heart-perfection.

 


      

No comments:

Post a Comment